This is a 12- hour practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP trauma model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck brains.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
1.Identify an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
2.Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
3.Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
4.Recall a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
5.Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
6.Recall 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
7.Identify a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
8.Identify a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
**Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.** All grievances must be in writing to email@example.com, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. **EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL34 for EMDRIA CREDITS***