This 7 hour presentation provides in-depth treatment methods for more severe dissociative symptoms observed in children and adolescents. Scripts provide appropriate language for creating an environment that supports neurological integration. Participants will be able to create internal safety, time orientation, and healthy internal boundaries to replace dissociative barriers. Participants will be able to implement strategies to eliminate regression and trouble-shoot parent behaviors that inadvertently reinforce regression and habitual dissociation. Participants will be able to help children and teens reduce fear of feelings and body sensations and implement strategies for safe EMDR reprocessing with dissociative children/teens.
Participants will be able to…
- Identify symptoms of more severe dissociation.
- Utilize scripts for dissociation psychoeducation with parents and children.
- Explain how internal boundaries between front self and younger (and other) parts leads to brain integration.
- Identify beliefs that may be increasing dissociation and reinforce beliefs that decrease dissociation.
- Access and strengthen most mature self in the office, incorporating BLS.
- Provide enhanced safe places and a nurturing internal connection for younger parts of self, incorporating BLS.
- Apply dialogue and time orientation for younger parts of self, enhanced with BLS.
- Conceptualize dissociation with the “outdated apps” metaphor.
- Assist strategies to interrupt habitual dissociation in children/teens.
- Apply scripts for helping children/teens and their parents with problems related to regression.
- Apply scripts for assisting children/teens with dialoguing within a conference room.
- Assist children/teens with dialoguing with the protector, the critic, or parts with other jobs.
- Apply safe strategies for moving into EMDR trauma work with dissociative children.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
**Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.**
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
There is no known commercial support for this program
This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-56