Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children/Teens: EMDR Component of IATP-C
This is a 12- hour practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to view the child's behaviors from the AIP trauma model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck brains.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Implement peer consultation for effective collaboration between the family therapy and EMDR therapy treatment team members.
- Identify an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Recall a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Recall 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Identify a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Identify a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
1.5 hours Case conceptualization through the AIP lens.
30 minutes Presenting the concept of the smaller hurt child within the child to parents and children
30 minutes Strengthening positive affect through Resource Development and Installation (RDI) with children of all ages
1 hour Attachment Resource Development (ARD) – Reinforcing messages of love for the child and for the younger hurt child within the child, the Magical Cord of Love, Safe Place for the Child Within
15 minutes (ARD) Affirmations through Songs.
30 minutes Brain Work – Developing mindfulness, self-talk, and self-soothing skills in children
45 minutes Self-regulation development and installation (S-RDI) – Developing and reinforcing the experience of moving from dysregulation to regulation
45 minutes Assessment phase
1 hour Creative Interweaves
1.5 hours Safe trauma work piece by piece
30 minutes Timeline and therapeutic story
1 hour Puppets, plays, and stories
1 hour Accessing current triggers and overcoming obstacles for reprocessing
1 hour Interweaves and current trigger work
1.5 hours Expanding window of tolerance through feelings brain/thinking brain
30 minutes Developing and reinforcing future templates in children with concrete thinking
CE and EMDRIA Information
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1698
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
**Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.**
***There are no no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.***
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.
**EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL34 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
ADA– This workshop is in compliance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact email@example.com if special accommodations are required.
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete. Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the course.