Live: Trauma Specific Interventions for Families: Integrative Protocol (IATP-C)
COMING DECEMBER 2, 2019!
Trauma Specific Interventions for Families: Integrative Protocol (IATP-C)
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP- Bios found here
Training for EMDR and Non-EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
8 Hour LIVE Virtual Course
8 Licensure Credits
Sponsored by ce-classes.com
8 EMDRIA Credits
Sponsored by emdria.org
This presentation will give you practical interventions you can use immediately. You will learn a common language of healing, interventions to regulate the mind and body and directly, yet gently, address trauma for the families in your practice.
VIrtual Workshop Online- 1 year access
LIVE Virtual workshop from your own personal device! (Laptop, computer, ipad, etc.)
ON DEMAND (1 year access)
CEs for licensure + EMDRIA credits
*WILL BE ACCESSED DECEMBER 2019
ON DEMAND (1 year access)
EMDRIA CREDITS ONLY
*WILL BE ACCESSED DECEMEER 2019
Non-Profit organizations must submit a copy of their letterhead upon registration to email@example.com
This 8 hour LIVE virtual workshop is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
- Learn the family therapy component of the integrative protocol to help children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems.
- Shift parents from understanding their children as behavior problems to understanding them through the lens of trauma.
- Coach parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain. Learn to utilize “detective work” and the “domino method,”remove shame and create new insight for parents and children.
- Identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers and understand their traumatic origins. Create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing.
- Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR as a solo therapist or through a collaborative team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
- Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR.
- Implement the protocol as a solo EMDR therapist or through collaboration with an EMDR therapist.
- View numerous videos of work with severe trauma cases.
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Show parents how to make sense of the severe behaviors of their complex child through the lens of trauma.
- Identify signs of attachment disorganization related to early maltreatment or loss.
- Coach parents in managing “downstairs” meltdowns and other severe behaviors.
- Implement detective work in a non-shaming manner during family therapy to identify triggers, beliefs, and traumas driving problem behaviors.
- Implement the domino method to remove shame and help children and parents interrupt dysfunctional patterns.
- Help children strengthen their “most grown-up” self.
- Help children and parents develop compassion for the “hurt smaller child within.”
- Help avoidant children begin addressing traumatic memories and making sense of their past through psychoeducation and timeline activities.
- Write an effective therapeutic story for healing attachment trauma for children in permanent placements, foster care, or residential care.
- Teach and practice self-regulation, communication, and prosocial skills with traumatized children and their parents.
- Identify the problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers using the history-taking checklist regarding a child client.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Identify 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
1 Hour Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
1 Hour Integrative Parenting Approach
1 Hour Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
2.5 Hours Brainwork
1 Hour Detective Work
1 hour Dominoes
1 Hour Meltdowns
1 Hour Therapeutic Story
30 minutes Dissociation/Q & A
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
There is no known commercial support for this program
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS, DISABILITY OR CONCERNS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp @ 515-557-0066 or email@example.com
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-54
Refund policy: No refunds once order is submitted.
On demand course will be available in December 2019- registrants will receive login instructions at that time.