On Demand 8 Hour Video Course
UPDATED PAGE COMING SOON!
Trauma Specific Interventions for Families: Integrative Protocol (IATP-C)
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR and Non-EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
8 Hour Video Course
DATES: On Demand
8 CE credits approved by Ce-classes.com
8 EMDRIA Credits
This presentation will give you practical interventions you can use immediately. You will learn a common language of healing, interventions to regulate the mind and body and directly, yet gently, address trauma for the families in your practice.
This 9 hour on demand course is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Apply the family therapy component of the integrative protocol to help children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems. Shift parents from understanding their children as behavior problems to understanding them through the lens of trauma. Coach parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain. Begin to utilize “detective work” and the “domino method,” remove shame and create new insight for parents and children. Identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers and understand their traumatic origins. Create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing. Integrate the family therapy component with EMDR as a solo therapist or through a collaborative team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
- Integrate the family therapy component with EMDR.
- Implement the protocol as a solo EMDR therapist or through collaboration with an EMDR therapist.
- View numerous videos of work with severe trauma cases.
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Show parents how to make sense of the severe behaviors of their complex child through the lens of trauma.
- Identify signs of attachment disorganization related to early maltreatment or loss.
- Coach parents in managing “downstairs” meltdowns and other severe behaviors.
- Implement detective work in a non-shaming manner during family therapy to identify triggers, beliefs, and traumas driving problem behaviors.
- Implement the domino method to remove shame and help children and parents interrupt dysfunctional patterns.
- Help children strengthen their “most grown-up” self.
- Help children and parents develop compassion for the “hurt smaller child within.”
- Help avoidant children begin addressing traumatic memories and making sense of their past through psychoeducation and timeline activities.
- Write an effective therapeutic story for healing attachment trauma for children in permanent placements, foster care, or residential care.
- Teach and practice self-regulation, communication, and prosocial skills with traumatized children and their parents.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Identify the problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers using the history-taking checklist regarding a child client.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Identify 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
- Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
- Helping Parents Respond with Attunement
- Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
- Detective Work
- Therapeutic Story
- Dissociation/Q & A
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
*Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.*
**There is no know commercial support for this program**
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL39 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
All grievances must be in writing to email@example.com, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.
ADA– This workshop is in compliance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required.
Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode provided by ATCI, and completing an evaluation form.
We also offer group rates! contact email@example.com to find out more
Please note: once you have created an account, an email will be sent to you from ATCI.
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete.
Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the class. Viewing time beyond the 1 year will result in a $25 fee for a 1 month viewing extension.